Easy and inexpensive DIY silk flower arrangement
- They’re actually quite expensive
- They look, well, fake
After reading Marjorie’s post on flowers for home decor, I tried looking into silk flower arrangements as an option. Though they look realistic, they’re also quite expensive. So I decided to make my own
I purchased my silk flowers as a wedding bouquet from Afloral for $13 with free shipping. The perk of buying it as a bouquet is it’s already pre-arranged, and it’s cheaper than buying each flower individually. You can also find these wedding bouquets in art supply stores at a similar price
You can buy beautiful, inexpensive glass vases at Marshall’s or Ross, or you can buy a plain one at dollar stores Even better, if you have ones lying around the house, you can just use those, which is what I did.
Finally you need a filler, or else the flowers won’t stay. You can purchase marble accents at any craft store or Walmart for around $5, or you can purchase acrylic/craft/fake water for $10.
Total cost: $18
- Clean your glass vase and remove any dust and debris. If you’re using acrylic water, make sure the vase is spotless or else you’ll end up with dirty water!
- Trim your flower stems so they fit the vase’s height.
- Fill your vase with your marble accents about halfway full.
- Arrange your flowers, and remove any extraneous leaves or petals
It took me about 15 minutes in total, though it would take longer with the acrylic water, which requires 24+ hours to solidify.
So if you’re looking for an inexpensive alternative to fresh flowers, I highly suggest this DIY alternative.
As for my makeup/skincare giveaway, I’ll be picking the winner and announcing them in my next post. Thanks to everyone who joined!
- It’s highly likely that my cats would eat it, and that would be bad ↩