June 4, 2013
I believe the last time I did a Beauty Favorites post was back in 2010 Since this blog focuses more on just beauty products, I figured I’d do a roundup of my favorite products/items across multiple categories:
pieces from BaubleBox, DailyLook, and Forever 21
- I’ve recently become a huge fan of gold toned pieces – they just seem more fitting for the summer
- Forever 21 is always a great place to find inexpensive pieces, but I’ve been loving the selection and quality at BaubleBox as well!
- If it wasn’t clear enough in my previous posts, I’ve been loving candles lately – especially fruity summery scents!
- Whimsical trays and dishes are great for storage and decorating. My favorite is the antique tray I bought from the thrift store for $15!
(But wait, there is more! Read on…)
May 4, 2013
In a nutshell: moving. Well technically everything was moved over in March, but then came the unpacking and the decorating and more unpacking, and even now we’re still not done
My bed & night stand – the only part of the home that’s close to being done
The other parts of the home are still messy – we have random boxes and items lying around because we’d do some work on one room, move to another the next weekend, and then work on another room the third week. Talk about systematic huh (But wait, there is more! Read on…)
January 2, 2013
I’m a day late, but Happy New Years everyone! Is it just me, or did 2012 go by amazingly fast? Per tradition, here’s my quick 2012 year in review:
12.25.2012. Yes, he proposed on Christmas day!
(But wait, there is more! Read on…)
September 30, 2012
I feel like ever since I’ve switched the focus of my site from a personal blog to a lifestyle/beauty blog, I haven’t really blogged about my life. While these “moments” are by no means personal, they’re not really big or interesting enough topics themselves to warrant a single post:
1. Nail of the week 2. Hair of the week 3. Flickr updates! 4. Mini haul of the week 5. iOs 6 jail break!
- This is 2 layers of UNT Capricious Lola and 3 layers of Essie As Gold As It Gets. In hindsight I probably should’ve used a darker shade as base D:
- I’ve been loving and rocking this hairstyle lately – it takes 5 minutes to setup the night before and 30 seconds to fix in the morning. Now I know what it feels like to wake up with effortlessly gorgeous hair! Let me know if you want a tutorial.
- Shelly has been very camera friendly lately, so I was able to take some promiscuous photos of her >D
- I returned the Revlon City Sky Pink lipstick and got 2 more Revlon lip glosses in Bellini and Coral Reef. I need to control this addiction
- I finally upgrade to iOS 6 this week and subsequently jail broke it. Yes it’s POSSIBLE TO JAILBREAK IOS 6, but it’s also complicated and only works for the iPhone 4 or older. I couldn’t help it, I miss my custom fonts & icons way too much
Did you guys do anything interesting this past week? Do share in the comments below!
July 22, 2012
You might have noticed my sporadic posting lately, and that’s due to some personal problems I’d rather not discuss in detail here. But it has effected me to the point where I can’t even bring myself to write about the things I love anymore. I wasn’t even going to post today, but reading this made me realize that instead of counting the troubles in my life, I need to count my blessings.
Because if nothing else, at least I’m still alive.
So today, I choose to be grateful for what I have in my life:
A great job
I get to do what I love, and be paid a good salary for it. The hours aren’t long, The commute is better than most people I know, and my coworkers are all very nice. What more could I ask for?
All the positive feedback I’ve gotten from you, the readers, and all the opportunities that has been opened to me because of it. It’s truly been an amazing journey.
They’ve taught me to take pleasure in the simple things in life, and that unconditional love is possible. I couldn’t have asked for better companions.
My amazing parents
Though they’re halfway across the world, their prayers and support is what keeps me going. They’ve given so much so that I could be where I am today, and they’ve never stopped loving me despite how much I’ve messed up.
Honestly, true friends are hard to come by, and I’m so grateful to be able to have some in my life. Though so of them may be far away, that doesn’t mean they care any less. The support they’ve shown during this difficult time made me realize how fortunate I am to have these angels in my life.
He is everything above combined, and then some. Words can’t even begin to describe how thankful I am that He could love someone like me.
That’s it really. Perhaps this list would’ve looked different before the problems arose, but in the end, there are only so many things in life that matters. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and hopefully I can get back on track with blogging soon!